Here is a quick guide for how to prepare Kappa Vevichathu and some important tips. Before entering into preparation process, let take a glance at ingredients required to prepare this dish. Ingredients to need:
Fresh Kappa/Tapioca – 1kg
Grated coconut – 1
cup Kunjull (shallots) – 2
small Garlic – 4
big cloves Curry leaves – 1
big spring Salt – to taste
Water – as needed
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
• If you are using fresh tapioca, then peel off the outer brown skin. Now, you wil get inner pick skin, chop the edges, and cut it into medium-sized pieces. Now, wash it thoroughly in the running water a couple of times.
• Next, boil the water and add some salt and turmeric powder. While water boiling put the tapioca pieces and wait for until it becomes tender. This will take more than 15 minutes that depends upon the type of tapioca used.
• Note: Be careful that do not overcook the tapioca or else it will end up being mushy
• Drain the water completely, keep the tapioca pieces aside, and then reserve ¼ cup of starchy water.
• Then, grind coconut, shallots, garlic, green chillies, ½ tsp turmeric powder and a few curry leaves to form a paste.
• Take the pan and add boiled tapioca pieces and coconut mixture as well as remaining curry leaves.
• Now cover the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat. If the content looks dry, then add a few teaspoons of the reserved water.
• Remove the lid and mix the mixture completely. If it is needed, then some salt.
• Mash the tapioca pieces using the back of the wooden spatula so that only it becomes a few chunks to bite
• Finally, remove the pan from heat
• Kappa Vevichathu with hot red fish curry is usually served method, as it enhances the overall taste of the dish. This combination makes you feel like a heaven. • If you do not love to have fish curry, then you can take chilly chutney or chicken curry instead of that. This combination also works well.