• Whole black gram (sabut urad) - 2 cups
• Red kidney beans (rajma) - small cup
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
• Ginger finely chopped - 2 inch piece
• Butter - 3 tbsp
• Oil - 1 tbsp
• Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
• Garlic chopped - 2 tbsp
• Onion finely chopped - 1 large
• Green chillies slit - 2
• Tomatoes finely chopped - 2 medium
• Garam masala powder - 1 tbsp
• Firstly wash and soak some sabut urad and rajma overnight in some water.
• Clean and boil the soaked dal and rajma in some water with salt and a large portion of the red chilly powder (you can include a large portion of the ginger as well ) for three whistles in a pressure cooker. Open the top and check whether the rajma is tender. If not cook on low flame till the rajma turns out to be absolutely soft and tender.
• Take 2 tsp. of butter and oil in a pan. Include cumin seeds. When they start to change shading, include ginger, garlic, and onion and sauté until golden brown in colour.
• Include slit green chillies, finely chopped tomatoes and sauté on high flame. Now put the remaining chilly powder and sauté till the tomatoes are lessened to a mash.
• Include the cooked dal and rajma along with the cooking liquor. Add some water if the blend is too thick. Include garam masala powder and some salt. Simmer on medium heat till the dals are absolutely tender and mixed well.
Serve hot with paratha of your choice any stuffed or plain naan.
Eat with paratha along with some green salad.